MBSR Specialist Residential
About the training:
This five-day training will provide an opportunity to immerse yourself in teaching MBSR. It is an experiential exploration of the eight-week course for MBSR teachers, to help them support and develop skills and confidence in teaching. Offered in a residential retreat environment, the training will provide opportunities for combining learning and deepening practice.
The course will include:
- exploration of MBSR curriculum themes and intentions.
- teaching strategies of MBSR
- theoretical underpinnings of MBSR
- exploring the flow of teaching and learning through the curriculum
- defining the overall structure of the curriculum
- exercises and practices connected to lesson themes, including options and alternatives
- deepening understanding of the particular characteristics of MBSR
- group facilitation; allowing learning to arise
- developing inquiry skills integral to MBSR
- exploring connections between personal practice, teaching and learning
This training is an element of the formal CMRP Teacher Training Pathway (TTP) and the certificate of attendance can be included in either a TTP Portfolio. If you register on the TTP after having completed this training the certificate can be included retrospectively.
Participants must commit to the entire residential training.
Pre-requisites for attending:
The course is open both to experienced mindfulness-based teachers as an opportunity to refresh their personal and teaching practice, and newer teachers who are in the earlier stages of developing MBSR teaching skills.
All participants must have:
- personal experience of an MBCT or MBSR eight-week course
- an established personal mindfulness practice
- ideally have participated in a mindfulness-based Teacher Training Retreat level 1 or equivalent
- professional background and/or equivalent knowledge and experience of the populations that the programme will be delivered to.
About the trainers:
Our trainers are all members of the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) training team. All have been extensively trained in this approach and engage in a rigorous ongoing process of training and supervision. We use strict criteria when selecting teachers/trainers to work with us. The name of the specific trainer(s) for this event is at the top of this page. Just click on the trainer name to find out more about him/her.
About the venue:
Trigonos is located in the village of Nantlle in North Wales between Penygroes and Rhyd Ddu. Caernarfon is the nearest town and Bangor the nearest mainline railway station (West Coast mainline). Please visit the Trigonos website for additional information and directions at http://www.trigonos.org/node/13.
What to bring/wear:
Mats, cushions and blankets will be provided. Please bring your own equipment if you prefer.
Loose and comfortable clothing is advisable. Walking boots and wet weather gear will enable you to engage with the beautiful surrounding countryside.
Please arrive for 4:00pm on the first day, in time for dinner and orientation in the evening. The retreat ends at 2pm on the last day.
Our rates have no hidden extras and include teaching, deposit (£200.00), room and board.
Standard rate – Single room £997
Standard rate – Shared room £957
TTP & Master’s discount rate – Single room £932
TTP & Master’s discount rate – Shared room £892
Employer’s rate – Single accommodation £1047
Employer’s rate – Shared accommodation £1007
Standard Rate – The rate for accessing this training as a ‘stand-alone’ training event and not part of a CMRP teacher training pathway.
TTP & CMRP Master’s discount rate – 10% reduction of the training cost, excluding accommodation, for those currently on the Teacher Training Pathway (TTP) or the CMRP Master’s programme.
Employer’s rate: Recognising the large administrative overhead of dealing with employers, we will be adding a £50 surcharge if the employer is paying directly; where possible we would advise applicants to pay themselves and reclaim on expenses to avoid the charge. We will be applying this to all our offerings with effect from September 2020.
Please let us know in the notes section of the application form if you would like to pay a £200 deposit in the first instance and choose the applicable rate in the drop-down list in the application form.
Please note: The majority of our venues have shared bathrooms, including for SINGLE rooms. Please contact us if you have any specific needs that we need to be aware of.
If the full rate for SINGLE accommodation is paid, but we cannot meet your request for a single room due to lack of availability, then we will allocate you SHARED accommodation and refund the difference in cost, to you or your employer.
This course is residential, which means all participants will need to stay at the venue for the duration of the course – this includes the overnight accommodation.
The application process:
Our application and payment process involves the following steps:
- We receive your application form and assess it to ensure that this event is suitable for you. We endeavour to make assessments within a week.
- Upon offering you a place, we will then invoice you either a £200.00 deposit or for the full amount, depending which option you choose when you complete your application.
- Your place is fully confirmed once we receive your deposit or full payment.
- If you selected to pay the deposit only, we will invoice you for the balance four months before the event starts.
- If the full rate for SINGLE accommodation is paid, but we cannot meet your request for a single room due to lack of availability, then we will allocate you SHARED accommodation and refund the difference in cost, to you or your employer.
- We will email you the joining instructions in advance of the course.
Payment and cancellation policy:
Please read our Terms and Conditions for information regarding payments and cancellations.
Please also see British Association of Mindfulness-Based Approaches (BAMBA) for good practice guidelines and other information for mindfulness-based teachers.
This course is residential, which means all participants will need to stay at the venue during the day and overnight for the duration of the course.
Please note that we give a Bangor University certificate of attendance which details the nature of the course and the hours involved, however, this does not constitute an authorisation to teach mindfulness-based approaches. The development and interest in the potential of mindfulness within a range of settings is rapidly growing and training processes are therefore becoming more structured. However, within the UK there are currently no formal qualifications/certification processes which regulate competency in teaching mindfulness-based approaches. This requires those of us working in this developing field to inquire deeply into our own practice, our integrity, our intentions and the boundaries of our skills, competencies and understandings.
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com to discuss any questions you may have about the course or whether it is appropriate for you at this time. We will ensure that your query reaches the correct person.