MBCT Specialist Non Residential
This four-day training is an opportunity to immerse yourself in teaching MBCT. It is an experiential exploration of the eight-week course for MBCT teachers, to help them support and develop skills and confidence in teaching. Offered non-residentially, the training will provide opportunities for learning and practice in an accessible format.
The course will include:
- exploration of MBCT curriculum themes and intentions.
- teaching strategies of MBCT
- theoretical underpinnings of MBCT
- exploring the flow of teaching and learning through the curriculum
- defining the overall structure of the curriculum
- exercises and practices connected to lesson themes, including options and alternatives
- deepening understanding of the particular characteristics of MBCT
- group facilitation
- developing inquiry skills integral to MBCT
- exploring connections between?personal practice, teaching and learning
This training is an element of the formal CMRP Teacher Training Pathway (TTP) and the certificate of attendance can be included in either a TTP Portfolio. If you register on the TTP after having completed this training the certificate can be included retrospectively.
Participants must commit to the entire training.
Pre-requisites for attending:
The course is open both to experienced mindfulness-based teachers – as an opportunity to refresh their personal and teaching practice – and to newer teachers who are in the earlier stages of developing MBCT teaching skills.
It is particularly suitable for clinicians implementing MBCT in health care contexts and is relevant to those who want to develop greater clarity about how to attune to and respond to participant vulnerability during mindfulness-based teaching.
All participants must have:
- personal experience of an MBCT or MBSR eight-week course
- an established personal mindfulness practice
- ideally have participated in a mindfulness-based Teacher Training Retreat level 1 or equivalent
- professional background and/or equivalent knowledge and experience of the populations to whom the programme will be delivered
About the trainers:
Our trainers are all members of the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) training team. All have been extensively trained in this approach and engage in a rigorous ongoing process of training and supervision. We use strict criteria when selecting teachers/trainers to work with us. The name of the specific trainer(s) for this event is at the top of this page. Just click on the trainer name to find out more about him/her.
About the venue:
Greencoat Place is an ‘oasis in the heart of the city’ five-minute walk from Victoria rail and underground station.
What to bring/wear:
Mats, cushions and blankets will be provided. Please bring your own equipment if you prefer.
Loose and comfortable clothing is advisable. Walking boots and wet weather gear will enable you to engage with the beautiful surrounding countryside.
Arrival / Departure:
Please arrive for 9 o’clock on the first day and the course will run from 9.30-5 each day, finishing at 4.30 on the final day. Refreshments will be offered but please note that lunch is not provided.
Our rates have no hidden extras, include the £200 deposit but please note that lunch is not included.
Standard rate – £625
TTP & Master’s rate – £560
Employer’s rate – £675
Standard Rate – The rate for accessing this training as a ‘stand-alone’ training event and not part of a CMRP teacher training pathway.
TTP & CMRP Master’s discount rate – 10% reduction of the training cost, excluding accommodation, for those currently on the Teacher Training Pathway (TTP) or the CMRP Master’s programme.
Employer’s rate: Recognising the large administrative overhead of dealing with employers, we will be adding a £50 surcharge if the employer is paying directly; where possible we would advise applicants to pay themselves and reclaim on expenses to avoid the charge. We will be applying this to all our offerings with effect from September 2020.
Please let us know in the notes section of the application form if you would like to pay a £200 deposit in the first instance and choose the applicable rate in the drop-down list in the application form.
The application process:
Our application and payment process involves the following steps:
- We receive your application form and assess it to ensure that this event is suitable for you. We endeavour to make assessments within a week.
- Upon offering you a place, we will then invoice you either a £200.00 deposit or for the full amount, depending which option you choose when you complete your application.
- Your place is fully confirmed once we receive your deposit or full payment.
- If you selected to pay the deposit only, we will invoice you for the balance four months before the event starts.
- We will email you the joining instructions in advance of the course.
Payment and cancellation policy:
Please read our Terms and Conditions for information regarding payments and cancellations.
Please also see British Association of Mindfulness-Based Approaches (BAMBA) for good practice guidelines and other information for mindfulness-based teachers.
This course is residential, which means all participants will need to stay at the venue during the day and overnight for the duration of the course.
Certificate of Attendance. Please note that we give a Bangor University Certificate of Attendance that details the nature of the course and the hours involved. However, this does not constitute an authorisation to teach mindfulness-based approaches. The development and interest in the potential of mindfulness within a range of settings is rapidly growing and training processes are therefore becoming more structured. Within the UK, though, there are currently no formal qualifications/certification processes which regulate competency in teaching mindfulness-based approaches. This requires those of us working in this developing field to inquire deeply into our own practice, our integrity and our intentions, as well as the boundaries of our skills, competencies and understandings.
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com to discuss any questions you may have about the course or whether it is appropriate for you at this time. We will ensure that your query reaches the correct person.