Our Work Is Loving the World: Responding to the climate emergency with clarity, care and compassionate action – CANCELLED
We live in a time of great change and uncertainty, facing ecological and social crises with significant implications for our roles in life including as mindfulness practitioners, teachers, parents, carers, partners and colleagues.
This retreat aims to provide participants with a safe and nurturing environment in which to share our experiences of these challenging times, and to explore how mindfulness and compassion practice can help us respond with steadiness and open-heartedness.
We’ll be drawing upon and deepening our mindfulness practice, developing stability and creating conditions for clearer seeing and responding wisely. We’ll explore compassion-based practices as resources for turning towards our human vulnerability, honouring and transforming feelings of fear, anxiety or despair into compassionate action. There will be opportunities for dialogue and deepening community.
What to expect
The retreat will include:
– periods of both guided and self-directed practice
– enquiry groups
– short talks with time for questions and discussion
– individual meetings and group exchanges with the teachers
– sustained periods of silence to enable participants to connect more fully with their inner experience
– time to practice mindfulness and compassion informally between the scheduled sessions
The teachers will be available to talk to people individually.
Who is the retreat for?
The retreat is suitable for people who are motivated to explore the role of mindfulness and compassion practice in relation to the climate emergency and may include:
* those who have taken an eight week mindfulness course or have an established mindfulness meditation practice and wish to deepen their learning
* those who are training to teach mindfulness-based courses
* established mindfulness-based teachers, trainers and supervisors
This retreat will enable mindfulness teachers who wish to be included on the UK Network Listing of Mindfulness-based Teachers to fulfill the requirement to attend an annual mindfulness retreat.
Requirements to attend:
Attendance at an 8-week MBSR/MBCT (or similar, for example Breathworks, MSC, Zenways) or having an established mindfulness meditation practice. In addition, attendance of at least one day of guided silent mindfulness practice is recommended but not required.
Please arrive from 6pm on 31st May and the retreat will end on 4th June at 12.30 followed by lunch (until 2.30).
Earthspirit Centre is 5 miles from Glastonbury in Somerset. The centre is situated in a beautiful landscape between two nature reserves. The seventeenth century farm buildings have been restored and specially converted for use as a retreat venue. They are set within seven acres of fields and gardens.
What to bring/wear:
Please bring any equipment you require for meditation practice. It’s advisable to wear loose fitting comfortable clothing.
Our full rates have no hidden extras and include deposit, teaching, room and board.
Two Fee Options:
- Full rate for TWIN accommodation (2 to a room): £630 including the £100 deposit
- Full rate for SINGLE accommodation (1 to a room): £690 including the £200 deposit
- Camping: £590 including the £100 deposit
Please note we would like this retreat to be accessible to as many people as possible. If you are able to pay more than full price, this would help others attend. Even a small amount extra would help. Many thanks.
If the full rate for SINGLE accommodation is paid but we cannot meet your request for a single room due to lack of availability, then we will allocate you SHARED accommodation and refund £100.00 to you or your employer.
Please note: The majority of our venues have shared bathrooms, including for SINGLE rooms. Please contact us if you have any specific needs that we need to be aware of.
The Application Process:
Our application and payment process involves the following steps:
- We receive your application form and assess it to ensure that this retreat is suitable for you. We endeavour to make assessments within a week, but if the retreat leader is on annual leave or on retreat, then this can take a little bit longer.
- Upon offering you a place, we will then invoice you either for the non-refundable deposit (£100 non-refundable deposit for SHARED accommodation or a £200.00 non-refundable deposit for SINGLE accommodation) or for the full amount, depending which option you choose when you complete your application.
- Your place is fully confirmed once we receive your deposit or full retreat payment.
- If you selected to pay the deposit only, we will invoice you for the balance three months before the retreat starts.
- If the full rate for SINGLE accommodation is paid but we cannot meet your request for a single room due to lack of availability, then we will allocate you SHARED accommodation and refund £100.00 to you or your employer.
- We will email you the joining instructions in advance of the course.
Payment and Cancellation Policy:
Please read our Terms and Conditions carefully for information regarding payments and cancellations.
For more information:
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.