Retreat: Introducing Foundations of Mindfulness
We will practise together in silence, stillness and movement in this lovely setting. The retreat offers the opportunity to deepen our personal and experiential engagement with the core meditation practices taught in courses such as Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction and Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy, alongside offering an introduction to the theoretical understandings that underpin them.
The retreat will include:
- periods of both guided and self-directed practice
- short talks with time for questions and discussion
- sustained periods of silence to enable participants to connect more fully with their inner experience
- time to practice mindfulness informally between the scheduled sessions
- opportunities for group exchanges
The teachers will be available to talk to people individually.
Who is the retreat for?
This practice residential is suitable for people who have attended an eight-week MBSR/MBCT (or similar) course and who have a personal practice of mindfulness.
Unless otherwise stated, all our retreats contribute towards meeting the Good Practice Guidelines (GPG) for teaching mindfulness-based courses. You are advised to discuss your retreat needs and the GPG within supervision.
Requirements to attend:
Attendance at an eight-week MBSR/MBCT (or similar) course.
Please arrive from 3.30pm on the first day. The first session will be at 5pm. The final session will end by 12.30pm on the last day followed by lunch.
What to bring/wear:
Some mats, cushions and blankets will be provided. However, the quantity of equipment will be limited, so please bring your own equipment if possible.
Kench Hill Centre, Appledore Road, Tenterden, Kent TN30 7DG
Our full rates have no hidden extras and include deposit, teaching, room and board.
- Full rate for accommodation and board: £480.00 (includes £100.00 non-refundable deposit).
- Please note the majority of rooms at Kench Hill are shared. Single rooms will be allocated on the basis of medical need. Please let us know if you have particular needs requiring single accommodation.
- Please note we cannot guarantee that SINGLE rooms are ensuite since most venues have very limited numbers of ensuite rooms.
The Application and Payment Process:
Our application and payment process involves the following steps:
- We receive your application form and assess it to ensure that this retreat is suitable for you. We endeavour to make assessments within a week, but if the retreat leader is on annual leave or on retreat, then this can take a little bit longer.
- Upon offering you a place, we will then invoice you for the full amount.
- Your place is fully confirmed once we receive your full retreat payment.
- We will email you the joining instructions in advance of the course.
Payment and Cancellation Policy:
Please read our Terms and Conditions for information regarding payments and cancellations.
For more information:
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org