This non-residential training course will be taught experientially and we will deepen our practice as supervisors through a process of mindful exploration and inquiry.
We will explore together the underlying foundations of mindfulness from which come the principles, tasks and functions of mindfulness-based supervision. We will introduce a Mindfulness Supervision Model that includes a supervisory inquiry process. Discussion and skills practice will help us better understand how the Supervision Model can be applied in supervision across a spectrum of mindfulness-based approaches, including the supervision of students and teachers, and for those working one to one, and in groups and organisations.
Time will be given to meditation practice, silent reflective time and to exploring together in dialogue in small and large groups as we learn through our individual and collective experience.
The intention is to create an open, spacious learning environment that will encourage and support spontaneity and creativity.
This course is for experienced mindfulness-based teachers and practitioners:
- who are already supervising or are interested in beginning to supervise from a mindfulness-based stance, and
- who have a background in mindfulness-based approaches necessary to fulfil the Good Practice Guidelines for Teachers of MBAs and the Good Practice Guidelines for Trainers of MBA. Please see http://mindfulnessteachersuk.org.uk to familiarise yourself with these guidelines before applying for this supervision training.
Additionally, applicants need to:
- have taught at least nine mindfulness courses over a minimum of three years
- have experience and training in the use of the mindfulness inquiry process
- have participated in a Level 1 Teacher Training Retreat or Course – or an equivalent training programme
- are in receipt of ongoing mindfulness supervision
- ideally have participated in a Level 2 Teacher Training Retreat
- (it is desirable but not essential to) have had previous training as a supervisor
If you are unsure whether you meet the criteria for this course, please contact us to discuss.
About the Venue:
Greencoat Place is an ‘oasis in the heart of the city’ five-minute walk from Victoria rail and underground station. For more information on the venue please visit http://www.greencoatplace.org/
About the Trainers:
Our trainers are all members of the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) training team. All have been extensively trained in this approach and engage in a rigorous ongoing process of training and supervision. We use strict criteria when selecting teachers/trainers to work with us. The name of the specific trainer(s) for this event is at the top of this page. Just click on the trainer name to find out more about him/her.
What to bring/wear:
Please bring anything you might need to be comfortable (e.g. mats, cushions and blankets). There will be short periods of practice. It is advisable to wear loose fitting clothing.
Please arrive at 9.00am for a 9.30 start. The course finishes at 4.30 each day.
Our rates have no hidden extras:
Standard rate (does not include lunch) – £355.00. Accommodation is not included as this is a non-residential event.
This rate is for accessing this training as a stand-alone training event and is not part of the Teacher Training Pathway.
The Application and Payment Process:
Our application and payment process involves the following steps:
- We receive your application form and assess it to ensure that this event is suitable for you. We endeavour to make assessments within a week.
- Upon offering you a place, we will then invoice you for the full amount.
- Your place is fully confirmed once we receive your full payment.
- We will email you the joining instructions in advance of the course.
Payment and Cancellation Policy:
Please read our Terms and Conditions for information regarding payments and cancellations.
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com to discuss any questions you may have about the course or whether it is appropriate for you at this time. We will ensure that your query reaches the correct person.