Two-day Mindfulness Groupwork Workshop
About the training:
This two-day workshop is for mindfulness-based teachers who wish to learn more about groups and how to support the rich potential of the group process in a mindfulness context.
Many of us have come into this work with a background in one-to-one work. The skills we have acquired will have many direct benefits for our mindfulness teaching. However, we may find that we continue to teach one-to-one, albeit in a group.
We will explore how to bring this group dimension into all aspects of our mindfulness teaching – including the orientation and assessment process; guiding practices; leading inquiries; and facilitating exercises and group discussions. In doing this, we will learn how to be present and alive to the three dimensions in the group: that of myself as teacher; that of individual participant; and that of the group as a whole.
We will explore the different stages of the group – namely the forming, the holding, and the ending of the group – and how as group leaders we can best support the learning practice of our participants in this group context.
Key learning objectives:
- to explore ways of leading, teaching and holding the process of mindfulness-based groups that enables the rich learning potential within the group to be realised by our course participants
- to find ways of resolving some of the common challenges when leading groups, including managing: a dominating participant; a persistent late comer; someone who is openly sceptical; and/or a participant who says very little
- to consider the different approaches involved with teaching very different sized groups.
Prerequisites for attending:
- Completion of either a group-based, eight-week MBCT/MBSR course or a nine-week CMRP distance learning MBSR programme
- Commitment to an ongoing daily personal mindfulness-based practice, based on MBSR/MBCT practices
- Have begun supervised teaching of one or more eight-week courses.
About the trainers:
Our trainers are all members of the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) training team. All have been extensively trained in this approach and engage in a rigorous ongoing process of training and supervision. We use strict criteria when selecting teachers/trainers to work with us. The name of the specific trainer(s) for this event is at the top of this page. Just click on the trainer name to find out more about him/her.
About the venue:
The Queen Hotel is located within walking distance of the city centre, directly opposite Chester Railway Station.
Arrival / Departure:
Please arrive at 10.00am for a 10.30 start on the first day. The course will end at approximately 5.30pm on the first day.
Please arrive for a 9.00am start on the second day. The course will end at approximately 4.00pm on the second day.
What to bring/wear:
Please bring your own equipment (e.g. mats, cushions and blankets) if required. It is advisable to wear loose fitting clothing.
Our rates have no hidden extras
Standard rate – £280
TTP and CMRP Master’s discount rate – £252
Standard Rate – The rate for accessing this training as a ‘stand-alone’ training event and not part of a CMRP teacher training pathway.
TTP and CMRP Master’s discount rate – 10% reduction of the training cost for those currently on the Teacher Training Pathway (TTP) or the CMRP Master’s programme.
The application process:
Our application and payment process involves the following steps:
- We receive your application form and assess it to ensure that this event is suitable for you. We endeavour to make assessments within a week.
- Upon offering you a place we will then invoice you either a £200.00 deposit or for the full amount, depending which option you choose when you complete your application.
- Your place is fully confirmed once we receive your deposit or full payment.
- If you selected to pay the deposit only we will invoice you for the balance three months before the event starts.
- We will email you the joining instructions in advance of the course
Payment and cancellation policy:
Please read our Terms and Conditions for information regarding payments and cancellations.
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com to discuss any questions you may have about the course or whether it is appropriate for you at this time. We will ensure that your query reaches the correct person.