Three-day Supervision Training
This non-residential course will be taught experientially as we engage together in a process of mindful exploration and inquiry to deepen our practice as supervisors.
We will explore together the underlying foundations of mindfulness from which come the principles, tasks and functions of supervision from a mindfulness perspective. We will introduce a Mindfulness Supervision Model which includes a supervisory inquiry process. Discussion and skills practise will focus on how this can be applied in supervision across a spectrum of mindfulness-based approaches, including the supervision of students, teachers, those working one to one, and in groups and organisations.
Time will be given to meditation practice, silent reflective time and to exploring together in dialogue in small and large groups as we learn through our individual and collective experience.
The intention is to create an open, spacious learning environment, which will encourage and support spontaneity and creativity.
Who is this course for?
This course is for experienced mindfulness-based teachers and practitioners:
- who are already supervising or are interested in beginning to supervise from a mindfulness-based stance, and
- who have a background in mindfulness-based approaches necessary to fulfil the Good Practice Guidelines for Teachers of MBAs and the Good Practice Guidelines for Trainers of MBA. Please see http://mindfulnessteachersuk.org.uk to familiarise yourself with these guidelines before applying for this supervision training.
Additionally, applicants need to:
- have taught at least nine mindfulness courses over a minimum of three years
- have experience and training in the use of the mindfulness inquiry process
- have participated in a Level 1 Teacher Training Retreat or Course – or an equivalent training programme
- are in receipt of ongoing mindfulness supervision
- ideally have participated in a Level 2 Teacher Training Retreat
- (it is desirable but not essential to) have had previous training as a supervisor
If you are unsure whether you meet the criteria for this course, please contact us to discuss.
Greencoat Place, London, SW1P 1RD. Greencoat Place is a five-minute walk from Victoria rail and underground station.
Our trainers are all members of the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) training team. All have been extensively trained in this approach and engage in a rigorous ongoing process of training and supervision. We use strict criteria when selecting teachers/trainers to work with us. The name of the specific trainer(s) for this event is at the top of this page. Just click on the trainer name to find out more about him/her.
What to bring and wear:
Please bring your own equipment (e.g. mats, cushions and blankets) if possible. We also recommend that you dress in layers in case the room is warm or cold.
Please arrive at 9.00am for a 9.30 start (drinks and registration 9-9.30). The course finishes at 4.30 each day.
All of our rates have no hidden extras.
CMRP Student Rate – £305.00.
Subsidised Rate – £305.00. The Subsidised Rate is a self-select funded rate whereby your place will be financially supported. Please only select this rate if you are in receipt of benefits or would find it otherwise inaccessible to attend due to the fee. We will not ask for evidence of benefits or income at this stage, but may ask for evidence to support your claim in the future.
Standard Rate – £355.00. This is the market rate for this type of event and the rate we ask you to select if you are able.
The Application and Payment Process:
Our application and payment process involves the following steps:
- We receive your application form and assess it to ensure that this event is suitable for you. We endeavour to make assessments within a week.
- Upon offering you a place, we will then invoice you for the full amount.
- Your place is fully confirmed once we receive your full payment.
- We will email you the joining instructions in advance of the course.
Payment and Cancellation Policy:
Please read our Terms and Conditions for information regarding payments and cancellations.
For more information:
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any questions you may have about the course or whether it is appropriate for you at this time. We will ensure that your query reaches the correct person.